Friday, January 31, 2014

Honeybee Gardens Pressed Eyeshadow/Compact Review

    So within the last year or so, I made the decision to really "clean" out my makeup and beauty products. By "clean" out, I mean that I did not want to be putting harsh chemicals on my skin, being that skin is our largest organ. I was fully unaware of the dangerous and toxic ingredients lurking in my mascaras, facial moisturizers, and shampoos. I use this website EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database to figure out what products and ingredients are safe, or toxic for my skin. Through this website and the lovely Sarah Nagel of holistichabits on YouTube, I have come across some really great, safe, natural skincare, bodycare, and makeup brands. One such brand is Honeybee Gardens. 
    Honeybee Gardens is a makeup company based out of Pennsylvania. They believe in cruelty free and safe makeup, that can be bought at an affordable price. Ive tried several of their products, via samples (they offer samples in most of their makeup for super cheap!), as well as full sizes. I literally just received another order from them in the mail, one I have been anxiously awaiting. So, if youre in to makeup, then you know one of the hottest things is eyeshadow palettes, especially ones that you can build yourself, a' la MAC or Inglot. I have been searching for a "healthy" makeup company that does something similar, but always came up disappointment and empty handed. Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY excited to find out that Honeybee Gardens released a compact with four empty, magnetized spots in order to build your own eyeshadow palette. I ordered mine almost immediately. Right now they only offer 14 shadow shades, but I have been told by their company that if this proves to be popular, they will release more colors. :FINGERS CROSSED:

    



    So I ordered: Tippy Taupe- described as plum with hints of brown and silver, Cairo- medium blown brown with slight shimmer, Ninja Kitty- pale pink with slight shimmer, and Antique- matte pale cream bisque. *all of the colors available can be seen HERE
    I then ordered the pressed shadow compact, as well as another one of their mascaras, this time in Black Magic as I already have it in Espresso.





    I walked away from writing this blog so I could test out the shadows (I literally just got these in the mail). Verdict is out, I love them! I would say that, Tippy Taupe is a shimmery medium grey brown (very Taupe), Cairo is a shimmery bronzed chocolate brown, Ninja Kitty is a shimmery light nude pink, and Antique is a matte ivory. 


            (Cairo, Tippy Taupe, Ninja Kitty, and Antique)
   Of the four colors, Antique is my least favorite, mostly because it provided the least amount of pigment. I know its a light color, but I still had to really try to get a swatch on my arm that was visible. All four of the colors are velvety in texture, and they blend well. I dont recommend doing a multi-colored or blended look with the brush provided in the compact, but its good for a simple on the run eye makeup. I will definitely be ordering more colors and 1 or 2 more compacts. Im hoping for some more colors in the bronze/gold family, greys, shimmery light colors for the innner eye, dark greens and dark purples.
    I apologize for the poor photo quality, the lighting in my house is quite dim and yellow, and I did this post at night. If you would like to see me do a makeup look with this compact, or any other Honeybee Gardens makeup, please comment down below.

 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment